+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Attention! Attention! Attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Voisine View Post
    I do have a person with a master degree in computer software engineering that would work with me.

Truth be told.

I really could operate this forum. It would be very different than it is.

In the past the membership did not like the suggestions I have made.

Either way - the ONLY reason I offered is that there was noone else offering anything in the way of ideas of support.

Truth be told - I really do not want the keys. I certainly have enough interest in this place, been here a lot of years, if I didn't like this place I would not be here - but computer related things are really of no interest to me at all.

I don't want the keys. I am not really interested in operating a forum.

Now - I will be quiet and hold my peace and not upset the cart.

Sorry to upset the admins and discourage the efforts to activate the membership.
    I'm not upset at all. Seriously. I want to know what your thoughts are. If you've got the time shoot me a PM if you don't want to post in the open. Mentally, I'm actually in the best place I've been since I took on the admin job, so I've got some energy to contribute even if I don't have the technical expertise that Jason has. The two questions that we have to answer are "What should we do?" and in turn "What can we do?". As far as I'm concerned anything is fair game to be thrown on the table for conversation.
    Mark

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." G.K. Chesterton
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  
    Share with Facebook  

On the otherhand, I donate to keep this place afloat. I donít care if we get new people or not. I just want to stay in touch with the people who have always been here. I think if those who feel the same should donate something like $25 once a year, we will be here for a long time. I kind of see it like a club. If someone wants to join, come on in. If not, those of us who have known each other for a while, will remain in touch
    Charter Member of The Cody Colston WoodWorkers Benevolence Society
    Share with Facebook  

Quote Originally Posted by Wisardd1 View Post
    On the otherhand, I donate to keep this place afloat. I donít care if we get new people or not. I just want to stay in touch with the people who have always been here. I think if those who feel the same should donate something like $25 once a year, we will be here for a long time. I kind of see it like a club. If someone wants to join, come on in. If not, those of us who have known each other for a while, will remain in touch

I donate every year, also, and, like you, so that I can stay in touch with the people I've come to consider friends, even though most of us have never met. My concern is that a lot of those people are no longer active because the forum has become so stagnant. There's just not enough frequent and varied content here to keep the place interesting. New members that were actively participating would help remedy that problem.
    Cody

"The reverence that the object maker has for the materials, for the shape, and for the miracle of his skill transcends to God, the Master Craftsman, the Creator of all things, who uses us, our hands, as His tools to make these beautiful things." Sam Maloof (1916-2009).
    Share with Facebook  

Icon14 Re: Attention! Attention! Attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I'm not upset at all. Seriously. I want to know what your thoughts are. If you've got the time shoot me a PM if you don't want to post in the open. Mentally, I'm actually in the best place I've been since I took on the admin job, so I've got some energy to contribute even if I don't have the technical expertise that Jason has. The two questions that we have to answer are "What should we do?" and in turn "What can we do?". As far as I'm concerned anything is fair game to be thrown on the table for conversation.
    Hmmm, got laid last night did you
    Charter Member of The Cody Colston WoodWorkers Benevolence Society
    Share with Facebook