+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Need some help from the brain trust

They make air storage tanks to take to an area that doesn't have air. My neighbor and cousin has one that I borrow when I need some air for tire on my tractor out in the field. It holds enough to inflate a tire or run a air wrench long enough to remove it. I have used it to force diesel through lines when a tractor runs out of fuel.
    Fred
    http://steercreekwood.com/

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  
    Share with Facebook  

Re: Need some help from the brain trust

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Belknap View Post
    They make air storage tanks to take to an area that doesn't have air. My neighbor and cousin has one that I borrow when I need some air for tire on my tractor out in the field. It holds enough to inflate a tire or run a air wrench long enough to remove it. I have used it to force diesel through lines when a tractor runs out of fuel.
    Good idea, Fred. At one time there were "Army / Navy" stores. Really just military surplus. Sometimes I could find a surplus oxygen tank in these stores. These tanks were good high pressure vessels.

BTW - Don't try using an old commercial refrigerant tank. They just aren't designed for multiple uses. IIRC JC Whitney was selling conversion kits at one time.
    Rich
    Huntington Beach, California

Surf's up
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  
    Share with Facebook