+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gas can?

gas can?

A few years ago, well maybe more than a few I bought a gas can from Harbor Freight that had a hand pump in it. Looked pretty much like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gascanpump.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	21418
    I've found it to be a very handy gas can as I don't have to lift it to fuel stuff (6gallons of gas gets heavy pretty quick), it has worked great for filling lawn mowers, my generator ect.. without any spilling. My son recently bought a generator and said he can't find any gas cans that don't have all kinds of safety crap on them that makes them hard to use and spill gas all over so I was going to order one of these from Harbor Freight, no surprise they don't have them anymore, but I did a search online for manual pump gas cans and can't seem to locate anything like this.

Anyone know where I can get one of these older, useful, non-spilling, non- safety crapped up gas cans?

Actually just the pump would be fine to, at least the one I have will screw onto all of my gas cans (course they are older plastic cans).

Thanks ~Mike
    Last edited by autobodyman; 12-08-2014 at 9:29 am.
    If at first you succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  
    Share with Facebook  

Re: gas can?

Don't know of a source for the can, but the local auto stores sell a hose with syphon pump built in so it can be used on multiple containers if needed. That may be a useful alternative.
    art

He who works with his hands is a laborer;
    he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman;
    he who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.

St. Francis of Assissi
    Share with Facebook  

Share with Facebook  

There used to be a 15 gal two wheel dolly type a couple years ago that I don't see now. It was made from plastic. I believe in some states current regulations require it to be a metal container since it holds more than 5 gallons. That might be a Fed regulation though, not sure. I saw it posted on a gas pump.
    Share with Facebook  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
    There used to be a 15 gal two wheel dolly type a couple years ago that I don't see now. It was made from plastic. I believe in some states current regulations require it to be a metal container since it holds more than 5 gallons. That might be a Fed regulation though, not sure. I saw it posted on a gas pump.
    DUNNO about Fed regulations but most vehicle fuel tanks have been plastic for years.
    Rich
    Huntington Beach, California

Surf's up
    Share with Facebook