+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hello from Cardiff, UK

You may have gotten a pretty good machine, Tom_; from what I've seen, most of the MultiCo saws are either full-up cabinet saws or "transitionals", "semi-cabinet saws", so they'd all be assumed to be pretty solid machines.

You realize, of course, the de-facto standard here... ya need to post at least ONE pic of the saw here when ya get it. "No pics, didn't happen".

To get it off the lorry, you may have pretty good luck laying a sheet of plywood down, then laying the saw over onto its side (feet toward the rear of the lorry) on the plywood, then sliding the plywood and saw together until the bottom edge of the plywood is on the ground. At that point, you can stand the saw back up onto its feet & walk it into the shop. Whatever you do, don't let it upset anywhere along the way - ya run the risk of breaking that iron top if it falls on a hard surface.

Using a method fairly close to that, I got an older Grizzly 8" jointer into - and out of - the back of my pickup by myself... with no disassembly.

It's MUCH easier, though, if you have help.

Oh, and... crank the sawblade down until it's fully under the table. Even if there's no blade ON it, crank it down - that lowers the saw's center of gravity and makes it less likely to upset.
    -- Tim --

What???
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  
    Share with Facebook  

Cheers for the tips, there'll be 3 of us and the van has a tail lift which should help get it up, best laid plans though....

I'll be sure to post some pictures when i get the chance
    Share with Facebook  

Welcome aboard , Tom.

Say, is your Cardiff, England the same Cardiff where the infamous "Cardiff Giant" hoax took place?
    art

He who works with his hands is a laborer;
    he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman;
    he who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.

St. Francis of Assissi
    Share with Facebook  

Cheers, the hoax was Cardiff, New York - so your side of the pond. Interesting read though.

The Cardiff i'm living in is the capital of Wales, so not in England (but next to it). A Welshman would have more to say, but I'm English....
    Share with Facebook