+ Reply to Thread

Not new to the board, but it's been a long while...

How's it going everyone? I don't know if people remember me around here but I'm back and thought I would reintroduce myself. I'm Sean, a novice woodworker who has wanted to do more woodworking than I actually have over the last few years. I'm a high school physics teacher, but was also a materials engineer in a former life. I'm married with a 9 year old son. There aren't too many of us woodworkers up here in the Garden State, so places like this are invaluable sources of advice and knowledge for me. Medical issues kept me sidelined for a little bit and then life took over for a few years, but now there appears to finally be time, and I finally have the space to take up the hobby once again.

My brother-in-law just moved into a place about a mile from my house with a large 4 bay garage and re-conditioned old chicken coop that he is graciously letting me use for a shop (just the chicken coop part...he's a mechanic so he has plenty of plans for the garage). I'll be here to pick everyone's brains about setting up the shop and then tackling the growing list of projects I have in my brain and in my wife's brain I'm sure!
    --Sean
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  
    Share with Facebook  

Re: Not new to the board, but it's been a long while...

Hey Sean!

Remember you? Hell yes i remember you. Though, you coming back after all this time with your nickname as it is adds a fair bit of irony to this conversation. Have you still got some halflife left?

Glad to see you again. Glad you're feeling well and can get into woodworking again. I've thought about you quite a few times over the last couple years - wondering how you were. Good to see you back!

Let's get some pics of your soon to be shop!
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA
    Share with Facebook  

Welcome back
    Art and Creativity - Collide with the Functionality of CNC - priceless
    Share with Facebook  

It's good to have you back. I also want to see pics of your soon to be shop.
    Mark

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." G.K. Chesterton
    Share with Facebook  

Thanks guys! I will start a new thread over in the General Woodworking area with the shop pictures and my many, many questions...
    --Sean
    Share with Facebook  

Hey Sean. I definitely remember you and welcome back. Glad to have you participating again.
    Cody

"The reverence that the object maker has for the materials, for the shape, and for the miracle of his skill transcends to God, the Master Craftsman, the Creator of all things, who uses us, our hands, as His tools to make these beautiful things." Sam Maloof (1916-2009).
    Share with Facebook