+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi people Im kike from mexico I found this site when i saw a video on youtube. I dont really know what to write in here so I thinks i'll just write some info about myself. Im a mechatronics engineering studente 7th semester so far. I have a little cnc machine that i received from an uncle and I am looking forward to help and receive help from all of you.

Thanks
    kike
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  
    Share with Facebook  

Re: Hello

Hi there Kike. Glad to have you join us. We play around with lots of stuff here.

I spend a little time in Nuevo Laredo train some friends and setting up a few CNC machines there back in 2004.

Are you anywhere near them?

What video did you watch to notice in this forum?

Again - welcome to the forum.
    Art and Creativity - Collide with the Functionality of CNC - priceless
    Share with Facebook  

Im actually from nuevo laredo (border with laredo, Tx) did you get my location somehow?.
    Anyways im glad i came here, ive found several threads that have helped me a lot. The video i saw i dont remember exactly but it was this man like testing his cnc and the url was in the description so yep thats how i got it. And I hope you can help me too im like newbie for this cnc thing.
    Share with Facebook  

That's funny - I guessed your location. Nah, I just worked there for a little while...

The company I worked for was Teleflex - in the industrial park.

Soooo - you are still welcome. I think you may have watched one of Jason's videos. He did build his own machine. There are a couple of other guys here that are pretty smart. I think we have a decent knowledge base.

Tell us what you are trying to do - perhaps we can hash it out.
    Art and Creativity - Collide with the Functionality of CNC - priceless
    Share with Facebook  

well what Im trying to do right now is engraving wood, you know, making 3D patterns on wood maybe some decorations for my house, as i told you before i have no much experience, so any tutorial or lesson might help.
    Share with Facebook  

Quote Originally Posted by kikegtz View Post
    well what Im trying to do right now is engraving wood, you know, making 3D patterns on wood maybe some decorations for my house, as i told you before i have no much experience, so any tutorial or lesson might help.
    Thankfully, you came to the right place to get experience. Smart bunch here, willing and happy to share what they know.

Welcome!
    TJ in West TN.
    Novice Woodworker.
    Starting Over.
    Formerly Knotty Pine.
    Share with Facebook