+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Raising the bathroom vanity.

Found what I think is the vanity we can afford online with the borg that should open just 10 miles away... but not until late next year. Problem is that it's a special order item and we would have to drive nearly 100 miles round trip just to see if the quality is any good, and if it is what​ we want. Contacted the borg's corporate office and expressed my concern about ordering something sight unseen, and the long trip just to check it out. The very brief reply I got was to buy a car with good gas mileage. No info on the quality of the vanity, no assurance that we could get a refund if it wasn't what we needed, etc.

I called the store and spoke with the manager​. Upon hearing the reply I got from corporate, he was livid and requested a copy of the full communication. He's going to jump down someone's throat and I'm supposed to call him back this week. He hopes to have some good news for me. I'd cross my fingers, but I'm more into folding my hands.
    Last edited by PastorPaul; 05-22-2017 at 3:57 pm.
    PP

"If they don't have woodworking in heaven, I ain't goin'."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  
    Share with Facebook  

Sounds like a hot head store manager. Don't expect much from that.

Off the shelf stuff from Borg is termite vomit as sawduster would have called it - BUT - they DO carry a very good grade cabinet in the Thomasville or Kraftmade brands. I have looked very closely at the materials and construction and I would not build better in my home shop. They are a little more pricy and being custom built will add significantly to the price.
    Art and Creativity - Collide with the Functionality of CNC - priceless
    Share with Facebook  

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Voisine View Post
    Sounds like a hot head store manager. Don't expect much from that.

Off the shelf stuff from Borg is termite vomit as sawduster would have called it - BUT - they DO carry a very good grade cabinet in the Thomasville or Kraftmade brands. I have looked very closely at the materials and construction and I would not build better in my home shop. They are a little more pricy and being custom built will add significantly to the price.
    I wouldn't call him hot-headed. He was just as upset as I was that corporate wouldn't answer my questions and only replied with the car comment. If he's the manager I met when I was in the store last fall, he's a very customer oriented guy. I suspect he'll have some answers for me.
    PP

Share with Facebook  

If you don't get it figured out by August I'll build you one when I'm up at my parents for the solar eclipse. You'll just have to make it over to Sedalia to pick it up. I promise you won't have to worry about the quality.
    Mark

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." G.K. Chesterton
    Share with Facebook  

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    If you don't get it figured out by August I'll build you one when I'm up at my parents for the solar eclipse. You'll just have to make it over to Sedalia to pick it up. I promise you won't have to worry about the quality.
    Thanks! I suspect Jana would love that! Even the high dollar ones we've looked at don't have the features she wants. If it's a go with her, I'll get the specs to you. She wants cubby holes for linens, instead of drawers. I think she also wants shelves (probably moveable) behind the door to store more linens instead of cleaning supplies. That part I haven't figured out yet, with the supply and drain lines there.
    PP

Share with Facebook